Monday, December 26, 2011

A Christmas Story

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas yesterday.  Family, food, and “A Christmas Story” marathon on TBS!!  What could be better?

In my last blog, I wrote about my last trip to Cleveland, Ohio and my visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  With the holidays upon us, I am compelled to mention that while on that trip, I also visited a museum dedicated to the 1983 film, A Christmas Story, which is a classic tale about a boy eagerly pining for a Red Rider BB gun for Christmas.  It’s an all-time holiday favorite.


The museum, on Cleveland's west side, showcases original props and memorabilia from the film, like Randy’s snow suite and Ralphie’s bunny pajamas. 
    

Across the street from the museum, is the actual Christmas Story house fully restored to the 1940s vintage appeal that you see in the movie.


You can walk through the house and see the kitchen cupboard that little Randy hid in when he thought his dad was going to kill Ralphie, the bathroom in which Ralphie got a mouth full of Lava soap for saying a bad word that was not "fudge," and the desk where Ralphie wrote his theme paper on what he wanted for Christmas.  

Mr. Parker’s infamous leg lamp is even there, perched right in front of the living room window.
 
I couldn’t help but check out this museum, and if you’re a fan, then you’ll get a kick out of the Christmas Story House and Museum too.


Begrudgingly,
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment